As Reedsy points out, ebook publishing, like everything else in this business is constantly evolving and changing. Here's the latest up-to-date information at a click of your mouse.
The contents are linked below as they appear in the article. If you're new, go from start to finish. If you have some experience but need brushing up in areas that have changed or that you want to reconsider, skip to that area. If you're all set and only need help to get your book into the major ebook companies, then read about distribution setup.
- What you need before you publish: formats, ISBNs & more
- Amazon exclusivity vs “going wide”
- Ebook publishing platforms and retailers
- Infographic: Reedsy’s recommended ebook distribution setup
- Comparative table of royalties by publishing platform and retailer
- Gearing up for your launch: setting up pre-orders, metadata, and pricing
Do you have experience with the process of putting an ebook out? Was it a challenge? What did you think about this article as a resource? Would you like more articles that keep you up-to-date about the publishing business? We'd like to hear from you, so leave a comment and let us know your thoughts.