It can be in the form of critique groups, submitting a piece to be included in a collaborative anthology, hosting an author on your blog during a blog tour, reading/editing somebody’s work, organising a joint author signing event at your local shopping centre, promoting a Facebook fan page, helping with author promotion via various campaigns, e.g.Thunderclap.
What are some of the benefits?
1. It helps to build your platform. When you help somebody else, the favor will be returned. Example, tweeting, re-tweeting, sharing FB posts.
2. Collaborating on a project with other writers, for example, a story/poetry anthology, means each one brings something distinct to the table, because of varied interests/ideas, so each writer offers a unique view or perspective.
3. Creativity can be fueled when multiple writers brainstorm with each other.
4. It helps to build confidence. We need each other for moral support. You don’t feel so isolated.
5. A joint author signing event is an opportunity to build your fan base.
Are there any other types of collaboration that you’d like to add? Any other advantages you can think of?